Cheats for GTA 5 on PC are activated using a different method than the console versions of the game. Instead of entering button combinations with a controller, you need to either: (1) bring up the in-game console with the tilde (~) button on your PC keyboard and enter the cheat you want to use; or (2) dial specific numbers on your in-game cell phone. Below we have the full list of PC cheats for GTA 5, including including invincibility, weapons, fast run and explosive ammo, as well as some handy hints and videos to help you when using the cheats.
All Cheats for GTA 5 on PC
Player Effects Cheats
Warning: do not attempt to operate heavy machinery!
|Explosive Ammo Rounds
Also known as “Bang Bang”
|Explosive Melee Attacks
Your punches and kicks are literally explosive!
Increases your maximum sprint speed
Increases your maximum swimming speed
Your bullets will set things on fire upon impact
Works for 5 minutes before you need to re-enter the code
|Lower Wanted Level
Takes one star off of your wanted level
|Max Health & Armor
Increases your health and armor back to full
|Raise Wanted Level
Add one star to your wanted level
Recharges the special ability of your character
Spawns you mid-air for a skydiving free fall and no way to use a parachute! The only way to possibly survive is to press forward on your keyboard and hit a wall or the ground head on
|Slow Motion Aim
Gives you a lot more time to aim. Enter 4x for increased effect, fifth time disables cheat
|Bigfoot (Sasquatch) Mode
Yes, you can transform into Bigfoot!
|Click here to read the instructions
The cheat is activated by eating a special Peyote plant
Leap tall buildings in a single bound. Hold spacebar (jump) for higher jumps
Gives you a parachute. Equip and press left mouse to use
Gives you all the weapons along with ammo!
World Effects Cheats
Rotates through sunny, clear, cloudy, smoggy, overcast, rainy, thundery, clearing and snowing
Enables you to select and play the game as any character or NPC
Enter a vehicle after activating this cheat to experience less gravity
Also known as drifting and/or slidey cars
Enables you to slow down gameplay. Enter 3x for increased effect, fourth time disables cheat
Cars & Motorcycles Cheats
Spawns you a good old BMX bicycle
Spawns the Buzzard small attack helicopter (with weapons)
Spawns you the “Caddy” golf cart
Spawns the Comet, a two door sports car
Spawns the crop duster plane
Spawns your very own stretch limousine
Spawns the PCJ-600 sports motorbike
|Spawn Rapid GT
Spawns you the Rapid GT, another two door sports car
Spawns the Sanchez, which is a dual-sport (dirt) bike
|Spawn Stunt Plane
Spawns a fixed-wing stunt plane
Spawns the Trashmaster garbage truck
Special Vehicles Cheats
|Spawn Duke O’Death
Unlock by completing the “Duel” random event
|Spawn Kraken Sub
Unlock by completing the “Wildlife Photography Challenge” (snap pictures of all 20 animals in the game)
|Spawn Dodo Airplane
Unlock by completing the “Sea Plane” random event
Our Top Hints That Aren’t Cheats For GTA 5
Cheats are one thing, but sometimes when you’re in a tough situation you’d rather fight your way out of it without divine intervention. That doesn’t mean you’d refuse a bit of help though. There are plenty of ways to gain the upper hand in GTA V that don’t require the use of cheat, and we’ve collected them all. Read on for a selection of the most useful ones.
- Upgrade the vehicles of all three characters for free – The basic principle of this method is that all three characters are always present in the game world, even if you are not controlling them at the moment. As Franklin, you’ll eventually gain access to a business in the Grand Senora Desert. It’s a Los Santos Customs shop that allows Franklin to upgrade cars for free, however Trevor and Michael still need to pay. The idea is that you acquire whatever which car you want the latter two to own while playing as Franklin, upgrade it at your business for free and then call one of the other two to hang out. Complete the hang-out activity as usual, then take the other character to the designated drop-off. Here, they will exit your vehicle. You should do the same, quickly, and immediately switch to the character with whom you hung out. This way the upgraded vehicle will stay where you left it, and you’ll be able to grab it, drive it to your garage and save it. Boom, vehicle save, upgraded for free.
- Buy Weapon upgrades “for free” – This method requires some kind of mission that takes place near an Ammunation store. One you start the mission, head to the shop and stock up on all the upgrades you want. You’ll need a handy hand grenade for this, so if you don’t have one (but why wouldn’t you?), buy that too. All that’s left is to leave the store and promptly blow yourself the hell up with the grenade. After your charred remains have somehow reanimated themselves thanks to video-game respawn magic, you’ll find that because you failed the mission, the game will boot you back to a previous checkpoint where you still had all that cash, unspent – but you get to keep the upgrades.
- Flammable grass is your friend – This little tactic might help you out in some tricky fights. If you happen to anger some gun-toting rednecks, gang members or officers of the law in a grassy area and happen to possess a molotov cocktail, you can turn the tide by using the environment against your opponents. Seeing as grass is harmless under normal circumstances, your opponents will very likely be standing in it – thing is, if you toss a molotov at a patch of grass, all conjoined patches of grass will also catch fire along with it, and as we all know, fire is pretty transmissible. Have fun smoking those bastards out of cover!
- Stealth? In my GTA? – It’s more likely than you think. While GTA 5 is by no means a stealth game, and in actuality the stealth mechanics are rudimentary at best, there are some situations where they come in handy. The police in this installment of the franchise can be notoriously harrowing, so you might be surprised to hear that a common bush may end up being your salvation. Some bushes allow you to hide in them, and you’ll see if you’re actually hidden instead of squatting in a static prop if the character blip on the minimap turns grey.
- Get free vehicle repairs – While saving up exorbitant sums of money in single-player is nowhere near as tough as it is in Online, there is still no reason to go around wasting cash, especially early on in the game. There are a handful of ways to get free vehicle repairs. If your ride gets banged up, all you need do is drive to your nearest garage, save the ride, switch to a different one, leave, go back, and select the previously damaged car once more – voila, good as new. An even more convenient method is to simply switch to a different character and immediately switch back. You’ll be greeted with the same car sans damage. Of course, the most legitimate method is to by Los Santos Customs with Franklin, as that makes repairs free too.
Awesome Ways to Use these GTA 5 PC Cheats
GTA 5 has a great array of cheats ranging from your typical “make the game easy” kind of cheat, such as invincibility, to more creative and entertaining ones that teleport you into the air for some skydiving. You can activate cheats either through the traditional method of entering the codes into the dev console, which you can summon with the magical tilde (~) key, or by calling specific numbers using your in-game cell phone.
Cheats range from vehicle spawning codes, through world effect cheats that alter the game’s environment to the more familiar player effect cheats which alter your character’s abilities. One of the best aspects of cheats in GTA 5 is that more than one can be active at any given time, allowing players to cook up their own insane cheat cocktails for some truly wild times.
If you think cheats in GTA 5 are nothing more than ways to gain the upper hand when you get stuck in a particularly tough fight, you’d be wrong. Cheats can be used to mix up gameplay if you ever get bored of the usual things you can do in the game under normal conditions. Instead of simply existing to make the game easier, cheats are also used to incorporate various game mechanics that would not fit GTA’s realistic setting, and are therefore relegated to being non-canon extras.
One of the best ways to kill time in GTA 5 once you’ve seen everything the game has to offer by way of conventional content is using the Rockstar Editor to create your own videos, and the best way to augment these videos with any character you wish is using Director Mode (JRTALENT). While not a cheat in the usual sense and more of a tool, Director Mode can be heaps of fun even when not used to create a video, but just to mess around.
Unlike film makers in the real world, you don’t need to depend on the whims of mother nature when trying to get the perfect scene recorded. If the weather doesn’t align with your directorial vision, simply change it. You can cycle through all of the weather presets using the Change Weather cheat (MAKEITRAIN), including snow, which doesn’t naturally occur.
If you’re the kind of person who just wants to see the world burn, spice up your shootouts and rampages with some additional fiery destruction. The Explosive Melee Attacks (HOTHANDS) and Explosive Ammo Rounds (HIGHEX) cheats are sure to liven up any party you invite the ever so friendly police to using the Increase Wanted Level (FUGITIVE) cheat. Flaming bullets (INCENDIARY) lets your gun breathe fire without the collateral damage caused by the explosive rounds.
These are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to GTA 5’s wide array of different cheats, which you can peruse to your leisure above. With all the possible entertaining combinations, cheats can expand the playability of GTA 5 tenfold, so long as you know how to make your own fun.